Here are some ways I work with clients
There could be a lot of reasons why you don’t like your website:
- It’s outdated and it doesn’t reflect who you are
- You avoid posting content on it because it’s so hard to use
- It looks terrible on smart phones and tablets
- It doesn’t work like it’s supposed to, or it’s broken
- Your business has evolved, but the design is locked down so you can’t make changes
The good news is your website doesn’t have to suck. There’s a very good chance it can be fixed.
With a website overhaul, you can keep all the best parts and have the insides replaced so that it’s easier for you to maintain, update, and change.
A website overhaul is especially useful if your website was custom-built and you don’t want to pay again for another locked-down site that will be obsolete in two years.
In most cases, your new website will be ready in weeks, not months. The package includes a user manual that explains how to do everything so that you are not left without control of your online presence.
Send me a message with your URL and we’ll book a time to discuss your vision for your newly overhauled website.
Your prospects can be at stage in the sales journey. Some are stuck in decision-making, and some still haven’t found you. To keep your business growing, you need web pages that attract those prospects and nudge them along to choose you.
I write web copy that engages, informs, and compels readers to action using the techniques of direct response copy and ethical search engine optimization. And I write them while retaining your voice.
This is for you if, for example:
- You’re struggling with writing key content, like your About page
- You have written content, but it needs to be edited and formatted into web pages that readers can scan easily
- You have forms that need to be more user-friendly
- You want landing pages that sell
I use copy-editors’ tricks as I edit my writing, and so I keep a style sheet to ensure consistent treatment of branding, word usage, and spelling. The style sheet is included in the web copy package—you can use it with your team to ensure your website keeps looking clean and professional as you continue to update it.
Send me a message and we’ll book a time to discuss how I can help you with your web copy needs.
Whether you spent thousands on your website, or you built it yourself, it can be valuable to get an independent review of your website—especially if you’re not happy with it.
A strategic audit of your website looks at how it stands up against your competitors’ sites and how it is experienced by your target customers. It diagnosis problems in usability and messaging and makes recommendations for improvement.
This is for you if:
- Traffic to your website has fallen off and you’re not sure why
- You tell people “My website’s a mess” but you procrastinate on fixing it—because you don’t know where to begin
- You’re thinking about investing in a new website and you want your content to be awesome from the get-go. Or, you’re wondering whether a complete rewrite is necessary—what if you can fix what you already have?
The strategic website audit includes specific recommendations and a roadmap that will help you get your site on track to optimal organic search results and higher conversions.
Send me a message with your website URL and we’ll book a time to talk about the next steps.