Here are ways I work with clients
There could be a lot of reasons why you don’t like your website:
- It’s outdated and it doesn’t reflect who you are
- You avoid posting content on it because it’s so hard to use
- It looks bad on smart phones and tablets
- It doesn’t work right
- Your business is evolving, but the design is locked down so you can’t make changes
Your website doesn’t have to suck. There’s a strong chance it can be fixed.
With a website overhaul, you get to keep everything you like, and have just the problems fixed. Very often, that calls for replacing the insides, which is great for you—it means the website will be easier for you to maintain, update, and change.
A website overhaul is especially beneficial if it was custom-built by a web development company and you don’t want to start over with that again. Because very often a new custom site will be locked-down against changes and will become obsolete in a few years.
Best of all, your overhauled website will be ready in weeks, not months. And the package includes a user manual that explains how to do everything you need to keep it up to date and current with your evolving business. You won’t be left without control of your online presence.
If you want to end the frustration with your website, send me a message including your URL and we’ll book a time to discuss.
Your prospects can be at stage in the sales journey. Some are stuck in decision-making, and some still haven’t found you. To keep your business growing, you need web pages that attract those prospects and nudge them along to choose you.
I write marketing-oriented web copy that engages, informs, and compels readers to action using the techniques of direct response copy and ethical search engine optimization.
And I write these pages so that they sound like they’re coming from you.
Marketing-oriented web copy is for you if:
- You’re struggling with hard-to-write content—like your About page
- You have content, but it needs to be styled to keep readers engaged and satisfied
- You have a form that needs to be more user friendly
- You want a landing page that sells
I use editors’ techniques in my writing—keeping a style sheet to ensure consistent treatment of branding, word usage, and spelling. The style sheet is included in the web copy package—you can use it with your team to settle style arguments and to ensure your website is always looking clean and professional while you continue to update it.
Send me a message and we’ll book a time to discuss how I can help you with your web copy needs.
Whether you spent thousands on your website, or you built it yourself, an independent review of your website may be just what you need to boost results from your online presence.
Especially if you’re not happy with it and you don’t know where to start.
An audit of your website examines how it stands up against your competitors’ sites and how it is experienced by your target customers. It diagnosis problems with usability and messaging and makes recommendations for improvement.
A website audit is for you if:
- Traffic to your website has fallen off and you’re not sure why
- You tell people “My website’s a mess” but you procrastinate on fixing it—because you don’t know where to begin
- You’re planning to invest in a new website re-using your old content and you want everything to be awesome from the get-go.
- Or, you’re wondering whether a complete rewrite is necessary—what if you could fix what you already have?
The website audit package includes specific recommendations plus a roadmap to get your site on track to better results.
Send me a message with your website URL and we’ll book a time to talk.